Remodeling your bathroom can be as simple as new cabinets and countertops, updating your shower/tub, or tearing out everything and starting from scratch. It all depends on your budget and what you would like to accomplish. Here is a list of the top 5 reasons to remodel your bathroom.
- A remodel will increase your home’s value. Remodeling Magazine estimates that U.S. homeowners will get an average of 71 cents back from every dollar they spend on remodeling or updating their bathroom. This means that not only will you get to enjoy starting your morning off in your dream bathroom, but you will also likely recoup a majority of your investment if you sell your home. Since potential buyers place great importance on a remodeled bathroom, those homes tend to sell more quickly.
- You want to fix existing problems. If you have broken or loose tile, leaking shower or tub faucets, or cabinets that are falling to pieces. Water damage can lead to mold in your home, and you definitely do not want that.
- You need more storage space. Perhaps your family has increased in size, or your supply of toiletries and linens has. Either way, if your bathroom is overflowing with people or products, it’s time to redesign. The end result will be a more comfortable space that cuts down on clutter.
- You are creating your own personal escape. Nothing can be more relaxing or soothing than some quality time spent in your custom master bath. Creative design, lighting and color will help to relax you as you get ready for your day, or as you unwind from a hectic day at work or with the kids.
- You simply crave a change. Sometimes the best reason to remodel your bathroom is because you aren’t happy with its current look. Perhaps you have redesigned other areas of the house and the bathroom doesn’t fit the color scheme anymore. Or maybe you want to incorporate a different theme throughout every part of your home. Regardless of the reasons, choosing a bath remodel is as simple as deciding to try something new.